Monday, August 5, 2013

Naughty Dog with a Flash Sale

I wonder if I'll be able to recoup my Frappacino loss if I keep tossing out the joy every time naughty dog does her thing.

breathe out the naughtiness, breathe in the happy goodness......

Dirty feet and little pieces of heaven include these:


red and black

We have lived on our little piece of heaven for three summers. The summer we moved in we had a horrible hornet season. Hornets love raspberries, and even with the traps and tricks we tried, we only got about 15 berries. Last summer it was the Japanese beetles. They were worse than the hornets. 

Year three. Lots of rain and early berries have set us up for a bumper crop. We've been picking and eating and picking and eating. Our fingers are stained purple and red and our arms are criss-crossed with scrabby scratches. It's part of what makes this little piece of heave just that. 

Enter Naughty Dog. 


caught on film


she's not even ashamed that I'm taking evidence photos

Ok, so I'll admit it really doesn't bother me that much. Otherwise I'd have been scolding instead of snapping, right? 

So while she is eating the lower branch berries I am picking a nice big pint for my girls. I leave naughty dog to her thing and I carry my sweet precious bounty to the kitchen. 

Where I set the berries on the counter. 

Where my dad is sitting at the table, getting ready for some raspberries before bed. 

The next morning I shuffle into the kitchen . As I'm waiting for the Keurig to brew I take stock of the disaster we left before going to bed. I'm debating on whether I should actually make pancakes or eggs or something or just tell the girls to make toast when I remember the raspberries. Raspberries would be perfect for breakfast! I notice the pint still on the table....perfect!


Wow, my dad did short work on those berries. I stop and take a closer look. Why would he eat down to the bottom of the container on one side? That's kinda weird, huh? I hear naughty dog bark in the back yard and all of a sudden I know

She has jumped up on the table and ate her fill, all the way down to the bottom. Until she couldn't fit any more into her fat little naughty dog tummy. 

(breathe....breathe....)
let's celebrate, shall we?


enjoy your 20% off everything in my TPT store!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your naughty dog stories!!!! Is it horrible that I can't wait for the next one? :o)

    œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our dogs should meet. Mine wouldn't care if I took pictures of him in the act either. He would like at me like "What? Ya gonna do something about it or not?" He ate an entire Costco box of fruit snacks once. Seriously! The whole box. Do you know what fruit snacks do in your stomach? Expand. I thought he was going to pop! True story.

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete