Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fluency

I spent the entire day working on my graduate action research paper. Aside from having to go back and add in page numbers for all of the in-text citations (which wasa total pain in the ass fun ), I began to take a deeper look at the data I've been collecting.

My research is on music, reading and fluency. I had to create fluency tracking forms for the research, so I threw the forms together with a little explanation into a Fluency Assessment Pack.

I was absolutely stunned at the increase in fluency my kids developed after practicing a poem for a week. We underestimate the potential that fluency has to be an indicator for reading, and how we can use to tweak instruction for our small groups and one-on-ones.

***
Dreaming about doughnuts again for breakfast, but I don't think it's in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment