Saturday, November 24, 2012

Friendly Letter Writing Unit

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It is 11:02pm and I am listening to my sis, my mom, my auntie and the Hubs putting a puzzle together. They are making up parodies to songs exchanging the word "puzzler" randomly for others. So far my favorite is The Joker (Steve Miller). "I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight puzzler...."  You know the puzzlers are getting punchy when they are start singing. Out of tune.

Last night we played Headbanz. Games are good for the soul.

My heart feels all full and content.

Exciting news! I finished the Friendly Letter Writing Unit that I've been writing. I designed it during and after teaching Friendly Letters to my Fab 4s. I wrote it using the backward design method, which is my favorite way to write lessons and units. I started teaching the Fab 4s Friendly Letters right before the election, so our big writing project was writing letters to the President. This unit is pretty cool because I created PowerPoint slide shows that teachers can use to present the information to the students. It has everything you need to teach Friendly Letters to 3-5 graders.
You can check it out here....




Here's the BEST NEWS. Monday and Tuesday are TPT's big Cyber Monday 30% off sale. It's a great time to stock up for December and the new year. 







1 comment:

  1. I would like to improve on that by applying your ideas for my blog - http://website-seo-guide.blogspot.com to write for customers and fellow bloggers. Its an an informative tips in this post...

    ReplyDelete