Saturday, March 3, 2012

You were just like all the *other* teachers.

Yesterday I got to stand in front of the whole school during our All School Meeting and share my "Hot Pick" book. I was so nervous! But it was fun, and I thought I did a pretty good job. While driving home, I asked my 4th grader daughter how she thought I did (she goes to my school). Miss Crabby Pants answered "The same as all the other teachers, mom".

Yeah, except that no other teachers have gotten up at the all school meeting and presented their books. Super confidence booster.

It's March. My mind is wandering to chickens. Did you know I LOVE chickens? We always incubate and hatch them in my room. It's my favorite time of the entire year. Each year I add to the unit, and can't wait to do it with my Firsties. If you have any good chicken crafts or lesson plans, pass them my way!

I would so color the chicks with food coloring, but I think I would catch crap. Maybe I'll do just one. Or maybe two.


Do NOT suggest I do the cutie chicken cake pops. Been there, and there is no way I'm going there again.

This is my weekend to finish my grad paper. No excuses, no more time to put it off. It's due next week. Y.I.K.E.S.

1 comment:

  1. I will do almost anything in front of my firsties. But it is an entirely different story when it's my peers...or the entire school. I shake in my boots when that happens. Good luck on finishing your papers. You go girl!

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete