Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Editing Strategies

I spent the day creating a new bulletin board for my classroom. I needed an editing station with reminders of what editing strategies were expected with my little ones' writing. It's a lot to remember! I'm excited about it, I'm posting it out there for free. Check it out and see if it would work for your room, too. The part I'm most excited about is the daily editing practice sentences. I can't wait to implement them in my room!



For some reason I'm all about the owls these days. Just like everybody else. Oh, and mushrooms, too. Pretty soon I'll be making Holly Hobby wall hangings for my girls' rooms. When did it cease being 2012 and turn back to 1973?

Oh, and the biggest challenge? Figuring out where the heck I can put this bulletin board. It's going to involve moving my "desk", that much I know.

4 comments:

  1. I linked up to K-2 Linky party and just found you! I am your newest follower and would love for you to stop by my blog - I share it with my bestie and first grade teaching buddy, Rebecca!

    ~ Katie
    First Grade ABCs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog- cute bulletin board set! And now I'm going to google "Dansko's" because I have NO idea what that is. Maybe I need to step out of my 2 and 4yr old boys' lives and figure out what is trending these days! :)

    -Staci
    Let's Teach Something 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the BEST TEACHING SHOES ever!! My favorite pair are red patent leather. They rock AND they are uber comfy. Every cool teacher needs a pair :) OH, and they aren't cheap but they last forever. Thanks for the comment! I'm so glad you like the bulletin board set.

      ~Heather

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love this! You blog is such a great place to hop by! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete