Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Sunday Night Edge


Have you ever been sitting on the far edge of Sunday evening, looking out onto Monday? That's where I am, right now.

We spent the weekend up at the lake, and there was a terrible accident on the Interstate on the way home. It was 10 miles ahead of us, and took us 2 hours to reach and get past. I am sad for whoever (if anyone) that was hurt or suffered the types of losses associated with auto accidents. I am grateful my family was far enough behind to only be inconvenienced. Instead of 3 hours to get home, it took us 6.

I had brought my work up to the lake with me (don't all teachers lug a milk crate full of work wherever they go?). I forgot my school laptop on my desk, though. I did have my home laptop, so I have some things I can email to school, but I feel disjointed and not at all ready for the week.

I should be getting for bed, but am restless from the long car ride and anxious about feeling unprepared. I do not have the luxury to fly by the seat of my pants with my kiddos this year. I need to have it all set up and ready to go.

The homework that my 6th grader was going to finish at 7:00 when we got home is also not done, so we'll be working on that early in the morning.

Some Sunday nights I'm ready to leap off the edge and glide into Monday. Tonight, all I want to do is walk back into Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you and your family are safe. Taking extra time to get home doesn't help. Sunday nights often make me feel anxious.

    I have decided this year that I am tired of lugging my school laptop to and from home so I now use Dropbox to transfer files without emailing. Dropbox allows you to access your information from any computer (it is a download but it's truly a help). Also, I use Diigo ( a social bookmarking site) to bookmark websites that I will be using with the class. This site allows you to access your bookmarks from any computer.

    These two sites have relieved many of my stressful Sunday evenings. Perhaps they could help you too!

    ReplyDelete