Sunday, July 28, 2013

Quick and Crafty: Not Your Mama's Lamp

and 


"Once you start to spray, you'll never stop." 

That's my friend Jules. Super-Junker-Painter-Visionary-Extraordinaire. She was right. Let me show you my gateway addiction painting project.

this was my mama's lamp. 

My mom and dad had this lamp in their bedroom for my entire life. I thought it was the most romantic thing I had ever seen for as long as I can remember. There was just something about it. 

When it ended up at our garage sale I had a sudden impulse. I just had to have it. My dad was thrilled. I think he envisioned it on the nightstand next to our bed, glowing gently as his grandchildren snuggled in for bedtime stories. 

I got myself to the local Big Box Project Addiction Store and got me some spray paint. Turquoise. Satin. 

In "short, even bursts from 12 inches away" (says the Mr.) I did her up. Mr. said it "would not stick." I said "Don't get in the way of a girl and her good ideas."


after two coats. one more called her good. 

Three coats and an hour later, and she had a place of honor in my dining room. 


a little blown out, but you get the idea.

My dad was horrified. I might have to hide what I did to the box of deer antlers he gave me. 

10 comments:

  1. What a transformation! I love it when we can take something and repurpose it. And you are right...don't get in the way of a girl and her good ideas!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! i was rather impressed by the dramatic transformation, myself! Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the color! I enjoy repurposing things. I'm great with spray paint, fabric, and a staple gun. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girls three best friends, no doubt! Throw a glue gun in there and it creates a perfect storm of craftiness! Th

      Delete
  3. I love the pop of color! I would love something like that in my dining room.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I think you should get on it! :) a little teal goes a longggg way, and it's such a fun color. Thank you for coming on over!

      Delete
  4. WOW! The lamp looks wonderful! What a difference!! So glad to find you today. I am a new follower...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for coming on over!

      Delete